The Mission Statement of The California Association of Dental Assisting Teachers (CADAT)
We, the members of the California Association of Dental Assisting Teachers (CADAT), affirm our belief in the goals and ideas related to the profession of dental assisting, our obligation to the profession of education, to the student and to the community. We recognize and accept the principles of career technical education while committing ourselves to enhancing and promoting the highest standards of ethical behavior for all educators of dental assisting.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To encourage communication between dental assisting educators, the dental profession, and those programs educating dental assistants;
- To provide a means of gathering together as educators of dental assisting within a cohesive state organization;
- To enable dental assisting educators to be apprised of new developments in dental assisting education;
- To gather dental assisting educators together in a cooperative effort to propose and obtain educational and professional advancement; and
- To ensure the personal and professional growth of our members as well as advance the association and profession through networking, education, shared knowledge, and educational advocacy.
Strategic performance objectives for the Association membership are:
- CADAT prepares its members to adapt to the changes in the professional environment that are affecting their collective work.
- CADAT investigates, disseminates, and advocates for best practices in dental assisting education through continued evaluation of accreditation standards which serve to encourage institutions to provide the highest quality educational experience.
- CADAT supports its members in creating, sharing, and implementing new educational models to effectively prepare students for the dental workplace.
- CADAT informs members of critical issues and trends in dental assisting scope to advance knowledge, promote understanding, and engage members in addressing these issues.
CADAT, Inc., is a qualified non-profit corporation (California Corporation Entity C3281143) and a Federal 501(c)6 entity entitling corporate partners and donors to tax deductions in accordance with the Department of Corporations non-profit laws and Federal guidelines for IRS tax deductibility.
This corporation is a non-profit corporation and is not organized for the private gain of any person. This corporation is a nonprofit mutual benefit corporation organized under the Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation Law of California. The purposes for which this corporation is formed are the improvement and advancement of the profession of dental assisting teachers and other nonprofit purposes. Despite any other provision of the articles or the Bylaws, this corporation shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that do not further the purposes of this corporation. No part, substantial or otherwise, of the activities of this corporation shall consist of carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, engage in the hiring of consultants or lobbyists for the purposes of regulatory or statutory activities, and the corporation shall not participate or intervene in any political campaign (including the publishing or distribution of statements) on behalf of any candidate for public office.